MOTOR CONTROL & INDUSTRIAL WIRING
This course will equip trainees with the knowledge and skills required to competently work on motor control, 3 phase induction motors and industrial wiring.
5 weeks (225 hours), 6 days a week
Monday – Friday: (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Saturdays: (8:00am – 1:00pm)
Maximum of 12 trainees per class
Available upon request.
- Each trainee will be issued with a comprehensive folder of course notes, covering the scope of the course. The use of overhead projectors and power point presentations are employed throughout.
- Trainees are encouraged to ask questions and to take an active part in class discussions.
- 100 hours are dedicated to theoretical studies and approximately 125 hours in well-equipped dedicated workshops.
- Each trainee will be issued with hand tools and power tool required to do all practical tasks.
- The instructor demonstrates how to do the task to small groups, the number depending on how difficult the task is. One to one tuition is often provided.
- Alternating current
- Induction motor, single phase and three phase
- Three phase distribution boards
- Motor control
- Industrial circuits
- Install: Three phase distribution board and all associated protective devices
- Motor control panel
- Three phase induction motor
- Industrial circuits including PIR and Photo cell control of lighting circuits
- Wire various motor control circuits
- Inspection and test of electrical installation and record results
On successful completion of this course each trainee will have a comprehensive understanding of the following;
- Three phase supplies and Distribution Boards
- Induction motors, both single and three phase
- Motor control panels and motor control circuits
- Industrial wiring
- Be able to use associated electrical test equipment and fault find
Assessments are done by an independent assessor on completion of the course.
Both theory and practical competency is examined. Trainees must pass both examinations before certificate is issued.
Successful trainees are issued with a competency certificate accredited by CPD Certification Service.