INSPECTION & TESTING OF AN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION
This short course is designed for Electricians and in particular Electricians involved in inspection and testing of electrical installations.
This course is designed to comply with “The IET Wiring Regulations (UK) 17th Edition BS 7671:2008.”
- Understand why an installation requires Inspection and Testing
- Identify the correct test instruments to use and how to use them
- Perform a visual inspection
- Perform tests in the correct order and do so safely
- Perform all the Tests required by The IET wiring Regulations 17TH Edition BS 7671:2008
- Identify hazards involved in testing
- Interpret and record the information correctly
This is both a classroom and workshop orientated course with a hands on approach using the most up to date test equipment.
- On completion of this course an electrician will be competently and safely able to carry out all the necessary inspections and tests associated with an electrical installation and in accordance with The IET wiring Regulations 17TH Edition BS 7671:2008.
- They will also be able to interpret and record all the test results.
- Assessments are done by an independent assessor on completion of the module.
- Both theory and practical competency is examined.
- Trainees must pass both examinations in order to receive a certificate.
An Etiwa Vocational Training Ltd. certificate of competency will be issued to all who successfully complete and pass this course.