SERVICE & MAINTENANCE OF SPLIT AIR CONDITIONING UNITS
Maintenance staff who have responsibility for maintenance and servicing of AC split units. They include;
facilities management personnel, hotel maintenance staff and office/commercial maintenance staff.
Maximum 12 trainees per class.
- Understand Health and safety associated with split units
- Understand maintenance and its importance
- Identify tools and equipment involved in carrying out maintenance
- Identify and understand the components of split units and their functions
- Understand the frequncy at which different maintenance should be carried out
- Understand how to check capacitor and other electrical components
- Understand how to create and fill out maintenance checklists
- Understand how to check and record parameter on split AC units
- This course is predominantly workshop based, where technicians will get hands on experience maintaining and servicing various types of AC split units.
- Technicians will train in a purpose built workshop under the guidance of an experienced instructor to international best practices.
- All the necessary theory to support the practical work will be covered in the classroom
There is both a theory and practical assessment
On successful completion trainees will be awarded an Etiwa Certificate of Achievement.