PORTABLE APPLIANCE TESTING (PAT)
This short course is designed to instruct a competent person in how to inspect and test portable electrical appliances and equipment to ensure they are safe to use.
Electricians, maintenance staff and facility management personnel whom have responsibility of electrical maintenance of offices,
hotels, hospitals, residential blocks, work places, factories etc.
Maximum of 12 students
- Understand what Portable Appliance Testing is
- Know the legislation associated with PAT
- Identify which appliances/equipment requires testing
- Identify the correct test equipment to use
- Identify the different classes of equipment
- Identify the different tests: Inspection and Combined Inspection and Testing
- Know how to capture and record the results
- Understand the hazards of electricity
- This course is class room based with hands on practical demonstrations.
- Participants will get an opportunity to use a Pat tester and test different types of equipment.
- The use of power point presentations and overhead projectors are employed.
There is a theory and practical assessment.
On successful completion Trainees will be awarded an Etiwa certificate of achievement.